Chickpeas with Spinach Dish
Chickpeas are an incredibly nutritious and versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. They are a good source of protein, fiber, iron, and other essential nutrients. Adding chickpeas to your diet can help promote feelings of fullness, reduce cravings, and improve blood sugar control. In addition, they are very budget-friendly and can be found in most grocery stores.
Spinach is another ingredient that is packed with nutrients. It is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as iron, calcium, and folate. Eating spinach on a regular basis can help boost your immune system, improve your digestion, and reduce your risk of chronic diseases. When cooked, spinach reduces in volume significantly, so you can add a lot of it to this dish without adding a lot of calories.
Garlic and onions are also incredibly healthy ingredients that have been shown to have numerous health benefits. They contain antioxidants that can help protect against cancer and heart disease, as well as anti-inflammatory compounds that can reduce inflammation in the body. Additionally, garlic has been shown to help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, while onions have been shown to improve bone health.
Finally, the spices in this dish not only add flavor, but also have health benefits. Black pepper contains a compound called piperine that has been shown to improve digestion and increase the absorption of nutrients. Coriander has been shown to help regulate blood sugar levels and improve cholesterol levels. And green chilies contain capsaicin, a compound that has been shown to increase metabolism and reduce inflammation. Overall, this dish is not only delicious, but also incredibly nutritious!
Chickpeas with Spinach Dish
Please note that these estimates are just approximations and may vary based on factors such as ingredient size and cooking method. If you want more precise nutritional information, you can input the ingredients and serving size into a nutrition calculator or app.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup onion, cubed
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 green chili, minced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/8 teaspoon coriander
2 ounces spinach
3 ounces chickpeas, boiled
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and cubed onion, and sauté until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomato, minced green chili, salt, black pepper, and coriander to the pan. Stir everything together and cook until the tomato has softened.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas to the pan. Stir everything together and cook until the spinach has wilted and the chickpeas are heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add more green chilies to the pan. Additionally, you can garnish with fresh cilantro or a squeeze of lemon juice for added flavor.
- As for the heat, it’s recommended to cook the dish over medium heat, but you can adjust the temperature based on your stove and personal preference.
- If you don’t have fresh spinach, you can also use frozen spinach. Just make sure to thaw it and squeeze out any excess water before adding it to the pan.
- If you’re using canned chickpeas, make sure to drain and rinse them before adding them to the pan.
- You can adjust the seasoning to your liking. If you prefer a more mild dish, use less green chili or omit it entirely. If you like a lot of spice, feel free to add more chili or some red pepper flakes.
- This recipe makes one serving, so if you’re cooking for more people, you’ll need to adjust the quantities accordingly. You can easily double or triple the recipe as needed.
- Finally, this dish is quite healthy and low in calories, but if you’re looking to add more protein, you can serve it with a side of quinoa or brown rice.